The Twelve trees of Christmas
Tree Eleven - Woodland Tree
Wool felt 20cm x 30cm
Gold, light gold and silver metallic embroidery machine threads, bottom line or similar for bobbin thread.
DMC stranded embroidery thread to match wool felt for stitching tree together
12 Gold Tree Baubles
Ornament for top of tree
Tree stand – 6.5cm x 6.5cm x1.8cm, 1cm dowel x 15cm (Trunk)
*Alternatively, you can hang tree by braid or cord if you are unable to make tree stand.
1.Select felt colour
(*hint- I always set my wool felt with the wool steam setting on my iron).
3. Draw stitching lines on trees. Sample the embroidery stitch you want to use. I did not use tear away, because the wool felt was thick enough and didn’t need it on my machine.
4. Stitch garland design on both pieces of tree felt
5. Sew both sides of tree together by hand with whip stitch. Using 3 stands of DMC embroidery thread, leaving an opening of 5cm at the centre bottom of tree, this is so you can stuff it.
6. Stuff tree beginning at top of tree, stuffing small amounts at a time, stuff each branch before stuffing body of tree. Using chop stick or wooden knitting needle gently locate stuffing. Do not over stuff as you well not be able to get stand into tree.
7. Gently wiggle stuffed tree onto stand, stitch bottom of tree closed around stand.
8. Attach baubles to tree branches.
9. Attach ornament to top of tree.