The Twelve trees of Christmas
Tree Six - Bright & Bold
Wool felt 20cm x 30cm
Packet of Dress It Up tree baubles
12 yellow size 14 hotfix crystals
20 purple size 14 hotfix crystals
16 aqua size 14 hotfix crystals
24 dark pink size 14 hotfix crystals
20 orange size 14 hotfix crystals
30 blue size 14 hotfix crystals
26 pink size 14 hotfix crystals
DMC stranded embroidery thread to match wool felt for stitching tree together
Ornament for top of tree
Tree stand – 6.5cm x 6.5cm x1.8cm, 1cm dowel x 15cm (Trunk)
*Alternatively, you can hang tree by braid or cord if you are unable to make tree stand.
1.Select felt colour
(*hint- I always set my wool felt with the wool steam setting on my iron).
3. Using fine chalk pencil mark design on felt.
4. Apply Hotfix crystals in garland design
5. Sew both sides of tree together by hand with whip stitch. Using 3 stands of DMC embroidery thread, leaving an opening of 5cm at the centre bottom of tree, this is so you can stuff it.
* If you are hanging the tree, you will need to sew braid or cord in seam at the apex of tree now as you whip stitch side seams.
6. Stuff tree beginning at top of tree, stuffing small amounts at a time, stuff each branch before stuffing body of tree. Using chop stick or wooden knitting needle gently locate stuffing. Do not over stuff as you well not be able to get stand into tree.
7. Sew tree baubles on to end of tree branches.
8. Gently wiggle stuffed tree onto stand, stitch bottom of tree closed around stand.
9. Attach ornament to top of tree.