The Twelve trees of Christmas
Tree Eight - Bright & Bold
Wool felt 20cm x 30cm
One sheet of Sulky Stick n Stitch (dissolvable tracing medium)
Packet of Dress It Up tree baubles
Various embroidery threads for hand stitched garlands
DMC stranded embroidery thread to match wool felt for stitching tree together
Ornament for top of tree
Tree stand – 6.5cm x 6.5cm x1.8cm, 1cm dowel x 15cm (Trunk)
*Alternatively, you can hang tree by braid or cord if you are unable to make tree stand.
1.Select felt colour (*hint- I always set my wool felt with the wool steam setting on my iron).
The tree pattern is designed to fit on 20cm x30cm wool felt.
3. Stick whole sheet of Stick n Stitch to whole sheet of felt.
4.Cut out tree pieces
- Embroider design onto both tree pieces through the stick n stitch.
6.Wash stick n stitch away. Leave to dry before stitching sides together.
7. Sew both sides of tree together by hand with whip stitch. Using 3 stands of DMC embroidery thread, leaving an opening of 5cm at the centre bottom of tree, this is so you can stuff it.
8. Stuff tree beginning at top of tree, stuffing small amounts at a time, stuff each branch before stuffing body of tree. Using chop stick or wooden knitting needle gently locate stuffing. Do not over stuff as you well not be able to get stand into tree.
9. Attach tree baubles to branches of tree.
10. Gently wiggle stuffed tree onto stand, stitch bottom of tree closed around stand.
11. Attach ornament to top of tree.