The Twelve trees of Christmas
Tree Bonus Tree - Bright n bold
- This is a hanging version for those who can’t make tree stands
Wool felt 20cm x 30cm
166 Size 10 Hotfix crystals
Assorted colours of 3mm ric rack
Gold metallic machine thread, matching bottom line for bobbin
DMC stranded embroidery thread to match wool felt for stitching tree together
Ornament for top of tree
Ribbon/Braid for hanging
1.Select felt colour
(*hint- I always set my wool felt with the wool steam setting on my iron).
- Using fine chalk pencil mark design on felt.
- Sew ric rack on to both tree pieces.
5. Apply Hotfix crystals below ric rac to look like baubles hanging from ric rac.
6. Sew both sides of tree together by hand with whip stitch. Using 3 stands of DMC embroidery thread, leaving an opening of 5cm at the centre bottom of tree, this is so you can stuff it. REMEMBER to sew hanging ribbon/braid at apex of tree (don’t worry if you forget, you can thread cord through apex tree when it is finished).
7. Stuff tree beginning at top of tree, stuffing small amounts at a time, stuff each branch before stuffing body of tree. Using chop stick or wooden knitting needle gently locate stuffing.
8. Stitch opening at bottom of tree closed.
9. Attach ornament to top of tree.